Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Most boring live band

The Police drummer Stewart Copeland has branded the band's second comeback performance a complete "disaster.....It usually takes about four or five shows in a tour before you get to the disaster gig. But we're The Police so we are a little ahead of schedule."

I saw The Police on their original Synchronicity tour and they were a wash-out then. Boring and lifeless in 1984, it's hardly a surprise they are a "disaster" now.

All was not lost though. Bryan Adams opened for them at Mt Smart and completely upstaged the supposed stars. And unlike The Police, he has only gotten better with age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw them at the Paradiso (Amsterdam) in 1979. They were great. Only the Gang of Four came close that year.

The most boring live band were the Boomtown Rats. I can sing better than Bob Geldorf, and that is saying something - actually an awful lot you wouldn't want to listen to me either.

Dave Christian

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Dave, I wouldn't have gone (had to drive up from Wellington) if I wasn't a big fan, but they just seemed tired and going through the motions. Still love Sting's music.