Tuesday, May 16, 2006

IDAHO....

...stands for International Day Against Homophobia. (The 'O' is unexplained). Tomorrow is the second such day. Apart from the irritation these done-to-death "days of this " and "weeks of that" cause me, the following I found just plain baffling.

"Many people who are subjected to homophobic bullying or violence may not even identify as gay or lesbian. Schoolboys who are called “sissy” or abused for “playing like a girl”; girls labelled as tomboys; transgender women and men abused or beaten for their gender identity – are all victims of homophobia."

I don't get this. I was frequently described as a tomboy. My daughter is too. Is she a victim of homophobia?

I support the aim of, " ....ensuring that homosexual people here and throughout the world can live in freedom without fear," but this sort of silliness does GAP's cause no favours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»