Sunday, May 14, 2006

Funding Women's Refuge 2

Earlier in the week I was critical of the Women’s Refuge asking for more taxpayer money when the major cause of their under-funding seemed to come from the big jump in the average length of stay. I asked why refuges were being used as an accommodation source when the government provides state housing and accommodation supplements.

This reveals that around 400 women, staying in refuges for sometimes over a year, are immigrants who don’t qualify for benefits. It should also be said that the rise in domestic violence is due in part to growth of some ethnic populations.

Getting this sort of information out to the public is critical. I am more inclined to put my hand in my own pocket now I understand the problem.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»