Friday, February 24, 2006

For a fleeting moment.....


A travelling salesman was passing through a small town in the West when he saw a little old man sitting in a rocking chair on the stoop of his house. The little old man looked so contented that the salesman couldn't resist going over and talking to him.
"You seem without a care in the world," the salesman told him, "What is your formula for a long and happy life?"
"Well," replied the little old man, "I smoke six packs of cigarettes a day, I drink a quart of bourbon every four hours and six cases of beer a week. I never wash and I go out every night."
"My goodness," exclaimed the salesman, "that's fantastic! How old are you?"
"Twenty-five," came the reply.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A successful businessman travelling through a town in one of the Southern US States came upon a young black man lazily lounging on the veranda of a dilapidated house. He couldn't resist the impulse to stop and give the man the benefit of his experience.

You are young and healthy said the businessman why don't you get a job, earn money make something of yourself? That is what I have done, look at me I am successful.

What for? the man asked.

So you can save money and retire in comfort, the businessman replied.

Why would I want to do that the man asked.

So when you retire you can relax on the veranda of your own house without a care in the world.

Thats what I'm dong now, the man replied.