Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Quote of the day

I couldn't resist posting this one, from the Freedom Foundation today:

The greatest threat to the future of our nation -- to our freedom -- is not foreign military aggression … but the growing dependence of the people on a paternalistic government. A nation is no stronger than its people and the best measure of their strength is how they accept responsibility. There will never be a great society unless the materialism of the welfare state is replaced by individual initiative and responsibility.

 

3 comments:

Mark Hubbard said...

I'm going to steal this one for a future post. It's great.

Clayton Roney said...

I am Charles B. Shuman’s grandson. Where did this quote come from? I have looked through many of his papers but can not find it. I post it on my Facebook at least once every few months.

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Hi Clayton, I would take it up with jhornberger@fff.org

That's where I quoted it from taking the named source in good faith.