Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blame it on the missus

A new book about evolutionary psychology claims,

Men like Barbie-doll blondes, beautiful people have more daughters and a mid-life crisis is not about a man getting old – it's about his wife getting old.

Having read the article, if you are anything like me you will now be mentally going through a list of anybody you know who has had a mid-life crisis or more daughters than sons to see if the theory fits. Does it?

As I have one son and one daughter I figure I must be both rich and beautiful. That or I am neither. Face facts. It's the second. Perhaps I'll go ring a psychic to reassure me that one day I will be both. I need a new 'addiction'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The psychologist who wrote that book must be a mind reader!

Not sure my wife would happily agree with the findings, though
:-))

Lindsay Mitchell said...

I'm wondering if the mid-life male crisis thing is more likely to happen where the couple has been together since very young (from my own observations).
I don't think it's a turn on for an ageing woman going with a young man (like the psychologist who thought Suzanne Paul was having some problems with her much younger dance partner) but men...well they don't seem to have any hang-ups about being cradle snatchers.

Anonymous said...

Do you agree with professor Kanazawa that men prefer blondes?
See story

Yes (1720 votes, 50.0%)

No (1720 votes, 50.0%)

Stuff polls are not scientific and reflect the opinions of only those internet users who have chosen to participate

Anonymous said...

Respondents in the above poll?

50% men

50% women


hehehe