Sunday, March 04, 2007

Are you a "sinner"?

This piece, Sins ain't what they used to be, was reproduced in the Sunday Star Times today.

It lists a variety of modern day sins like eco-apathy (driving a SUV) and having a fat kid and then dated sins like infidelity and swearing. The first are an absolute no-no while the second...well, no-one cares anymore.

I'm guilty of (or have been at some time) quite a few of these "sins". 4 out of 8 in the absolute no-nos, and 6 out of 8 (now down to 2 in my defence) in the no-one cares anymore category.

I have one chubby child (whatever happened to 'puppy fat' which I had lots of at the same age?), am sometimes apathetic about the environment (I biffed a plastic bottle in the rubbish instead of the recycling yesterday) and haven't had botox injections; I swear too much ('any' is too much when other words would do) and drink too much fizzy wine (I'm counting on tippling being the secret to longevity).

A good Sunday question. A penny for your sins?

1 comment:

Peter Cresswell said...

5 out of 8 in today's 'absolute no-nos.' I must try and crack the full eight.

But only a pathetic 3 out of 8in the old-fashioned no-nos.