Thursday, December 30, 2021

Control what you can

At 20 you feel as if life goes on forever.

At 60 plus you are keenly aware that it does not.

It thoroughly disturbs me that so many young people are experiencing psychological trauma about climate change. To be precise "eco or climate - anxiety".

It's tragic that these anxious young people aren't living their lives with optimism. Aren't intellectually free to pursue ambitions born from their own unique desires and attributes.

Life itself is an amazing win. The odds of being conceived are less than those of striking Lotto.

It should be grabbed and relished.

Your life belongs to you and you alone. It's the only thing you can actually control.


1 comment:

Spam said...

Personally, I feel that relentlessly assaulting children with propaganda about climate change is the cause of this trauma. And I find it abhorrent, because it is deliberate, and the consequences are entirely foreseeable. And this from a government that pretends to care about mental health.

I am trying to teach my daughters to be optimistic. But I'm finding it harder and harder myself.