Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Two more voices in the wilderness

Donald S. Siegel is foundation professor and director at the School of Public Affairs, Arizona State University (Donald.Siegel.1@asu.edu). Robert M. Sauer is professor of economics at Royal Holloway, University of London (Robert.Sauer@rhul.ac.uk).

"...we call on all business owners and citizens who care about economic liberty and personal freedom to rise up and demand that politicians lift all bans on commerce. Let us get back to work!"
More

1 comment:

Andrei said...

I feel like I have fallen through the looking glass - people die every day

Shutting down the productive parts of the economy and having the police harrass fit young men for surfing on a sunny day is going to stop people dying?

And to have Nanny Jacinda give us a dressing down through my TV set on a nightly basis makes me think I have probably died already and gone to hell

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't fresh air, sunshine and exercise considered a good thing for health when we were young and a good way to ward off winter bugs and keep them at bay?

Why is Nanny Jacinda telling our young they should be at home sitting on the sofa playing video games rather than exercising in the fresh air and going to work to earn their daily bread?

Like I said I think we we have fallen through the looking glass