Monday, July 02, 2012

Truth Column June 22

My Truth column from Friday June 22 is now on-line.

WATCHING Bronwyn Pullar being interviewed on 60 Minutes provided most people their first opportunity to hear her story first-hand, though much had been written and speculated about prior to this.


Pullar presents herself as a ‘whistle-blower’. She’s had a gutsful of ACC and is going public to force change. So far she has succeeded in bringing down the Minister, the CEO, the chairman and other board members. But what does head-rolling actually achieve?

More

Other Truth columns here

2 comments:

Viking said...

Perhaps, it willshake the shit out of a dysfunctiuonal organization whose Chair and CEO appear to been unable to insatll even basic IT security standards despite their well paid salaries.

Anonymous said...

The Chairman and CEO do not deserve their salaries.
On another note.I am self employed and make a very moderate income.In a month their are about 20 working days for me.I pay one whole days income after tax to ACC every month.My GP pays the same amount in dollars as I do each month.He has to contend with angry sometimes unpredictable clients,potential infections from blood and so forth.
I also pay into a private insurance plan for permanent & temporary disability.This mainly because I dont trust ACC to treat me with respect and because of the many stories i have heard about how people are treated like criminals in their hour of need.I have never had a case manager but my partner has in the last year.He was not treated as a client/customer.He was treated as a scammer.How disgusting as he works hard and is certainly not in the habit of getting injuries.I dont know if I could handle being treated like he was.I have always worked hard,payed my taxes,never scivved and so forth.To be treated like this by some ignorant case manager would be too much for me.Meanwhile I pay this ridiculous amount to ACC every month plus the large portion of my vehicle registration.