Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sam's sketching

Sam, my 12 year-old daughter, has been sketching. I like what she does. The combination of hatching and sureness of line. She is into stars of the past. Here's one of Audrey Hepburn.



And Robert has delighted me lately with his dedication to practising the piano, sometimes 3-4 hours a day. In the holidays he used some of a small inheritance from his Nana to buy a Gulbransen, built during the prohibition in Chicago (I wish it could talk) to play his ragtime and boogie on. It was built to be loud for entertainment pre-amplification. It is certainly that but I never tire of hearing him progressing.

3 comments:

Lucia Maria said...

Awesome!

Linda Reid said...

Beautiful. Talent runs in the family.

Anonymous said...

Lovely; looks like a young Audrey Hepburn.

Cadwallader