Saturday, May 23, 2009

Beneficiaries of human error

Wouldn't you know it. In a week when someone gets $10,000,000 mistakenly put in their account, I score a packet of wrongly priced sausages.


Think about all the people who have failed to pick that error up. The person who created the label,the person who put the sausages on the butchery shelf (who may very well have been someone different from the labeller), the check-out operator - and me!

The only little f-----r who noticed was my cat who thought, hey, whaddya know. Sausages for a cent each. That's cheaper than jellimeat. Oh yeah. They must be for me. That label looks like a good point of entry.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

if the sausages were 100 each the cat would still think they were for him

Andrei said...

Funny thing about cats, they think stolen food is tastier than the food we provide for them.

Whats the bet, put one of those 1c sausage in his/her bowl and you will see a little damp nose turned up in disgust.

Anonymous said...

Yeh, but what did the bar coder read. Bets are that the right price was in the computer and you have been overcharged vis a vis the label.

Lindsay Mitchell said...

No. I was charged 7 cents. I can scan the receipt too if you would like proof.

Anonymous said...

Once tried to buy a newspaper only to have it come in on the scanner as being the tens of thousands of dollars. That was an error we caught immediately.

Anonymous said...

Was overcharged ten bucks for the new Bob Dylan cd at the warehouse. Incidently I paid cash.

Going to the refunds counter to fix the problem i was informed that regardless of the cash invoice i held in my hand, no refund would be made until I gave them proof of my idenity.

Explaining i had paid in cash and had no intention of giving them my personal details had the store security at my shoulder threatening to remove me from the store.

After the police arrived the issue was resolved to my satisfaction.

Dirk