Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No sense of occasion

Justin du Fresne just opened his show referring to the solitary text NewstalkZB has received in response to their ongoing coverage of Obama's inauguration. It said, "I'm changing stations. I am sick of this American bullshit."

The texter is not alone. A Stuff poll:

How will you reflect on Barack Obama's inauguration as the 44th US president?

It's something I'll always remember (323 votes, 36.5%)

It's something I'd rather forget (324 votes, 36.6%)

Have no interest either way (238 votes, 26.9%)

What I will remember about today? My 14 year-old got up early to watch the ceremony and cooked streaky bacon, some of which he put on a plate and brought to me in bed. He's growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The multi-billion (trillion?) dollar question is: will Obama live up to the enormous expectations?

The media has created a new messiah.

The time for talk is now over. Lets see what an Obama administration can achieve.

Anonymous said...

Somehow him bringing you the bacon and Obama getting elected are in the same camp. Either way you look at it there is plenty of pork involved.