Saturday, June 16, 2007

Charles Bronson - my hero

All my careful studying of form and breeding and performance came to fruition this week when I picked six winners in a row at Forbury Park and secured a percentage of the $75,000 Pick Six. It's a lovely feeling when the TAB doesn't have enough cash to pay you out and has to write a cheque. Over a thousand percent return. Not bad. Back in my more-protestant-than-me husband's good books.

Why the picture of Charles Bronson? Because I can't find a picture of the real Charles Bronson, the striking grey son of Christian Cullen, who was the horse of the night, getting headed in the straight (my heart sank as my chances looked like evaporating) but then valiantly fighting back for a big win. Not something you see very often. Go you good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where and when are the celebration drinks? :-)

Enjoy the fruits of your Pick Six.