Thursday, February 01, 2007

POP launches

At last!

My movie (well, I think I have about 1/100th share in it:-)) is having its New Zealand Premiere in Auckland on Waitangi Day. If you are up there get along and have a look. This movie is the product of the efforts of Aaron Keown, an amazing person who raised the funds by ringing talkback shows over and over, trying to inspire support from the audiences. And he raised what he needed for himself and his colleagues to complete a punishing schedule of filming throughout the US and Europe. It was made on a shoestring but has been phenomenally successful at the festivals, winning awards in LA and New York. Aaron has secured a US distribution deal and it will launch there on July 4. I wish I could make the premiere. If you can, please do, and tell me all about it.

3 comments:

Berend de Boer said...

Hmmm, is it about who really murdered JFK or that Elvis is actually still alive? Another conspiracy movie??

Anonymous said...

I wish Aaron had won the Christchurch Mayoralty.

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Berend, I think it's a 'spoof-doco' if that helps.

Anon, Based on what I have heard of his views he'd make a damn good Mayor