This is a summary of the press releases issued on the subject of child poverty over the past few hours.
Mine is the only one disagreeing with the Child Poverty Action Group's solution for eradicating child poverty by 2020.
What a wet and naive country this is. What hope for individual responsibility?
I am probably the only one who works unpaid. As David Farrar notes, this is the poverty industry.
* Child Poverty Action Group - Download CPAG Report Executive Summary
* NZ Govt - Child poverty report welcomed
* Maori Party - Tax cuts for poorest families, says Maori Party
* NZ First - End Of Child Poverty Worthy Goal
* NZ Council of Trade Unions - CPAG Commended For Highlighting Child Poverty: CTU
* Public Health Association - More Money Needed To Eradicate Child Poverty - PHA
* Grandparents Raising Grandchildren - Child Poverty Action Group report
* Lindsay Mitchell - CPAG At Loggerheads With OECD
* Problem Gambling Foundation - Suffer the Little Children
* QPEC - “Tail” of underachievement is tale of poverty
* Playcentre Federation - Playcentre supports the call to end child poverty
* Paediatric Society - 'Left behind' report a sobering reminder
* National Distribution Union - Kids biggest victims of current food price crisis
* NZCCSS - Child Poverty: Give Breaks To Those Who Need It
* Barnardos - "Left Behind" report welcomed
This was… inevitable
19 minutes ago