Monday, June 29, 2020

End of Life book cover example of the 'misinformation and emotion' it seeks to counter

A new book which discusses the End of Life Choice bill has been published. From the author:

"I did some research and the further I got into the issue the more I realised how intricate it is and how many levels there are to it. I came away with questions ... and there's so much misinformation and so much emotion out there, I think it's hard to find good information to make sure you can make a good choice - it's really to equip people to make good choices."

And there's a shining example of "misinformation and so much emotion" right there in the cover image, a seemingly healthy young women standing on a cliff-side contemplating jumping:



 Just google 'terminally ill cancer patient' to find hundreds of highly suitable, relevant images.

2 comments:

Mark Hubbard said...

Sadly the theocrats who believe they have a god given right to deny rational people the option, when the time comes, of euthanasia, will wage an ugly battle up until September.

I've learned debating them over a decade there is nothing more dishonest than a Christian on this issue, and nothing more disingenuous, given most will profess to be conservatives who believe in a small state foundered on individual rights.

Anonymous said...

No - just a lot of people worried about people feeling that they don't have a right to die but rather a duty to die. Anyone who has nursed elderly parents - as I have - will know exactly the risk I mean.