Saturday, October 07, 2006

The things you see

Driving along behind an old, smart, black chevrolet station wagon I pondered its registration plate. MORBID. I figured the youngish driver must have bought an ex-hearse from an undertaker and all his mates said, "How gross, How morbid."

I mean, it wouldn't have been in work, would it?

Which reminded me of an item I heard on the Paul Holmes Breakfast show last week about the top twenty funeral songs from the UK. (Number 18 was Every Breathe You Take by The Police :-0)

I could only find the top ten. They are (drum roll....)

Funeral Songs Top Ten
1. Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
2. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
3. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
4. The Best - Tina Turner
5. Angels - Robbie Williams
6. You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry And The Pacemakers
7. Candle In The Wind - Elton John
8. Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
9. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon And Garfunkel
10. Time To Say Goodbye - Sarah Brightman

How awful. British funerals must be right up there with Battersby weddings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I attended the funeral of a friends father a few years ago. He was always a bit of a hard case during his life and he was carried from the church to -
`My Old Mans A Dustman' - his choice apparently.