Friday, December 19, 2014

Blog's 9th birthday

My first post was on December 19, 2005. Wouldn't have put money on it lasting nine years.

The stats are steady but not growing. I usually occupy some position in the 30s when it comes to blog rankings in NZ and average around 200 visits a day.

So you'd wonder why I bother.

I continue to believe the welfare stuff is hugely important and pester MSD, read all their publications, monitor party policies, keep a watching brief on welfare reforms abroad and if I have something particularly interesting the goodwill of other bigger blogs (particular Whale Oil - thanks Cam)  usually means I can get them to pick it up.

And thanks to my regular readers who often send me tidbits and comments off-blog. You in particular keep me going.

16 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey I think you got the date wrong???

Might need changing...

Hammer down and keep up the good work Lindsay!!!

homepaddock said...

Happy blog birthday, Lindsay.
Your blog provides really valuable information and insight and I always enjoy reading your posts.

All the best for the next nine years.

tranquil said...

Happy "blog birthday" Lindsay!

Keep up the great work. Your blog is outstanding in providing hard evidence that supports the need for welfare reform.

Mark Hubbard said...

And a valuable 9 years of blogging you have done, Lindsay.

Have a great festive season.

gravedodger said...

Many Happy returns to your very valuable blog Lindsay.
Your unique perspectives and analysis deserve far wider recognition as valid summations and examinations of possibly the greatest threat facing our increasingly dependent national mindset.
Kind regards and seasons greetings M.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay.
Thanks for all your hard work!

Anonymous said...

It's quality not quantity that counts

Keep it up!

Peter Cresswell said...

Glad you keep going, Lindsay. Always an authoritative read. :-)

Brendan McNeill said...

Congratulations Lindsay - you are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

You provide a really really valuable counterpoint to main stream perspectives - usually based on evidence rather than hearsay or ideology.

Please keep it up- you are an important voice in the discussion.

baxter said...

Keep going I am sure your efforts help keep Winz staff on the ball.

Manolo said...

I'm proud to say I read this blog almost daily. Well done, Lindsay!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! Best wishes.

Cadwallader

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Thank you all very much. I really do appreciate your comments.

Unknown said...

Great stuff and maybe you should consider running a contributions tickbox on your site .
I for one would happily chip in to support your invaluable work in this arena
Just send me the how to info

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Thanks very generous Frank but I've always resloved to do the 'work' unpaid. That way my motivation and integrity won't be compromised.