Thursday, June 17, 2010

New painting

During my last exhibition I noticed a young man taking notes about one of my paintings so approached him. He was very animated because he had made a connection with the painting. We got talking and he told me he was travelling the world and interested in the varying characteristics of the facial traits of different ethnicities. At his request I agreed to paint a version of any photo he wished to send me. He seemed keen to develop some sort of collaborative project. Being Spanish his English was fairly good. Much better than my Spanish anyway :-) He duly emailed me a photograph taken somewhere in South America and this is the result.




6 comments:

Manolo said...

Andean woman, likely Peruvian or Bolivian.

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Thank you Manolo. I thought she was very old but David says she may be relatively young, but aged from a hard physical, outdoor life.

Manolo said...

I would say a woman in her mid 50s, if not slightly older. True, the hard conditions and harsh Andean climate age the people prematurely.

Lucia Maria said...

Beautiful!

sagenz said...

A stunning piece. That woman could readily be in her forties. Life really is that tough there

Richard McGrath said...

Great work, Lindsay!