Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Arse about face

Regular readers know that I monitor the MSD site daily and blog about any interesting new information. But lately - at least over the last three to four weeks - I have been frustrated by their search function not working.  Typically I'll be looking for evidence to support something I'm writing and will remember a certain study and go searching for it. I like to use government research wherever possible to deflect accusations of using "right-wing think-tank propaganda". Government research suits my purposes.

But now this message is appearing far too frequently:

There are too many pending search requests, so the search appliance cannot respond to your query at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Can't achieve legitimate access to information. It's all arse about face.

2 comments:

S. Beast said...

I have searched in the middle of the night and gotten the same message many times between 1 and 3 in the morning so I figured they were being hacked. TG I haven't signed up to their online service like the other suckers.

This happened a few times during a period of a couple of weeks (August) so I just stopped using the site and went back to the long wait times of the call center.

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Thanks for confirming this problem S. Beast.