Friday, November 07, 2008

Voting with hearts and minds

Here is the late political shift I blogged about on Tuesday. I am assuming this is the Fairfax-Nielsen poll as the DomPost doesn't actually label it;



When I got home Wednesday there was a message on the answerphone from a gentleman who did not identify himself but told me he had just voted. "I've given my vote back to ACT. I think you've got the right policies."

BACK being the key word.

Vernon Small describes this in his comment today.

"...even ACT is starting to rise, as the right-wingers in National have granted the themselves the luxury of voting with their hearts."

Personally I would have thought they were voting with their hearts and minds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck for Sat Lindsay.

I will be voting with heart and mind this time. I hear we have a pretty good candidate in Hutt South.

Brian Smaller

Anonymous said...

ACT got my party vote. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lindasy!

Now it is time to make sure we don't just change the government we change the country in ways that can never, ever be changed back

no more unions!

no more benefits!

no more bludgers!

no more Labour!

Anonymous said...

Good on Act. They got my party vote. A lot of that was due to your work Lindsay. I don't know if you have a day job now, but Act need you in their research unit or doing Policy advice. Get in there and sort that welfare system out.

Best wishes
Brian Smaller

Oswald Bastable said...

Now that the punters can see that the sky won't fall if you give ACT the party vote, I'm betting you will pick up more support next time!

Not that last night was a bad result!

Anonymous said...

Now that the punters can see that the sky won't fall

Oh - I'm hoping the sky does fall - a very long way indeed!