Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Uh Oh

Just writing out a cheque last night and I thought, there's something vaguely familiar about the date. Is it somebody's birthday? Independence Day maybe? No we've had that. Tax Freedom Day? No. Had that. Did I have a dentist appointment? No. Been and done that. Oh yeah. It's my wedding anniversary. At least this year I remembered on the day. Sometimes it's well past before either of us notice. The last of the great romantics - I don't think so. But hey. At least I am not like that blubbering, noisomely sentimental partner of the Nigerian kidnapee. Thank God he was returned and we won't have to see or hear her again. Yuck.

1 comment:

mojo said...

Yep, but ... memorable occasions should be both relished and celebrated more than commensurate with the occasion ... Lindsay there should be romance.