Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"You must help yourself"

Recalcitrant drink-driving is now the fault of the courts because of a lack of addiction treatment resources. That's pretty much the message inherent in the lead story in today's DomPost. This will come as great news to the 'it's not my fault, I'm a victim too' brigade.

The e-link doesn't show you the character below the main story, a 46 year-old recovering alcoholic who says, "you must help yourself", which appears as a sub-heading. Now I am not clear whether this is a complaint or sage advice but as headlines go it makes a welcome change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, same ol same ol its never your fault anymore. I was reasonably wound up over the beat up on the fashion contacts last night.

I kind of feel sorry the guy who lost an eye but then again he did not read the fine print and wore them for three days and then neglected to take on board the advice on how to prevent re-infection.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm who fault is it. Oh yeah the contacts fault and lets pass laws to fix it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Basic step to stop recidivist drink drivers - confiscate the car on second offence.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This post could not be written much better!
Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
He always kept preaching about this. I am going to send this post to him.
Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!


My blog post :: Bellagenix Review