Friday, September 22, 2006

PM on The Late Show

You can imagine how Letterman introduced the following. I don't have the transcript so you will have to. New Zealand, PM Helen Clark, The UN, all featured;

Top Ten Signs Your Husband Is Gay

10. You come home to find him handling the gardener's hose

9. On your wedding day, you wore the same dress

8. Favorite magazines: "Gourmet" and "Honcho"

7. Your name: Jodi -- name he calls out during sex: Lou

6. Constantly leaving that seat down, am I right girls?

5. Bumper sticker reads: "I'd rather be having sex with dudes"

4. During "Brokeback Mountain," He mumbles, "It didn't happen exactly like that"

3. At your sister's wedding reception, he caught the bouquet

2. Yells, "Honey, I'm home after a long day of gay sex!"

1. Says he got rear-ended but the car looks fine

NewstalkZB are running the audio.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not Letterman's funniest by any means. Nothing particular amusing. He's done much, much better on other things.

Lindsay Mitchell said...

I thought pretty hard about blogging this. It's newsworthiness is in the PM now making international media in this fashion. This was the only link.

When I heard Letterman doing it, yes, I did think some of it was funny. Just like I think some blonde jokes are very funny. Like I think some racist jokes are very funny. Some sexist jokes are very funny.

Oswald Bastable said...

Sacred cows cut down into the best steaks!

Oswald Bastable said...

Some people who try and paint the blogger into a box while knowing sod-all about her are too...

Oswald Bastable said...

wave the elephant gun about, you are going to put a round through your foot...

Swimming said...

in that case put a round through your head

backin15 said...

Lindsay, this sorry situation has occurred because of the obsessions of Chuck Bird, Ian Wishart and the Exclusive Brethren. Strange company you keep. It's tawdry and cheap. I don't think you thought about it nearly long enough.

Scotty said...

I didn't find it funny either.

From a purely humorous point of view it just wasn't funny.

Anonymous said...

Letterman's Top Tens aren't the best - they're quite inconsistent. What I really like are the Great Moments in Presidential Speeches.