Thursday, June 08, 2006

Road rage gets a handle

Road rage has been dignified with a scientific name; Intermittent Explosive Disorder or IED. According to the LA Daily News, The average IED sufferer will fly into a rage 43 times in their lifetime, racking up more than $1,300 in damage to others' personal property.

Notice the person who has IED is the sufferer, not the person who ends up the victim of it. I suppose it will hold up as a form of legal defence; The deceased D.I.E.D as the accidental result of I.E.D, M'lord. My client therefore pleads 'not guilty'. That's alright then. Mr IED, I sentence you to six months of taxpayer-funded anger management therapy.

Nice little earner for the shrinks. They get to invent the "condition" and then they get to treat it. The real victims look on in disbelief as the state once more turns the tables on them.

No comments: